Once Upon A Time…

in a time long, long ago…okay, maybe not that long ago but exactly 5 years ago to the date…there once was a Princess in Paris…preparing to marry her Prince Charming.
I can’t believe how fast the time has gone but I remember the day perfectly well.
I arrived to our room at the George V in Paris to get ready. I had butterflies in my stomach but for all the right reason..here I was, in the city of love, hours away from marrying the love of my life. And thus my fairy tale was truly beginning…IMG_006IMG_009IMG_065The George V is located just one block from where we had our wedding…at the beautiful American Cathedral in Paris. So when my ladies and I were ready to go, we crossed the street in our gowns and headed to the church. It was definitely a sight to see.IMG_119In front of 75 close friends and family members, I married Ivo Heuberger…who to this day is my absolute Prince. He is my rock, my confidant, my biggest support and closest friend…and it just goes to show that sometimes you really can have it all.IMG_160IMG_158IMG_170As we left the alter as husband and wife, we had the 12 person choir sing us off with The Beatles’ “All You Need Is Love” song…it sounded beautiful and completely appropriate for the way we feel about each other.
Because there’s nothing in the world that can’t be done…all you really need is love (okay, and a little bit of patience, understanding, compassion and dedication).
IMG_187IMG_266IMG_369IMG_397Our wedding dance was choreographed by the talented Alejandro Bahia from Miami and after weeks of practice, the moment arrived and we were so relieved to have nailed it!
I have the best memories from my wedding…it was a magical day filled with love, friendship, family and happiness…there is not one thing I would change (not even the things I thought didn’t go as planned). It was perfect because it was ours…and five years later, I am reminded of how lucky I am to have found my Prince Charming in Ivo…and we’re definitely on the road to happily ever after.

Clothing details for you fashion lovers:
Wedding dress: Reem Acra
Shoes: Christian Louboutin
Purse: Vintage
Necklace: Vintage
Bracelets: My usual two (click here for post)
Reception dress: Vera Wang

65 thoughts on “Once Upon A Time…

1. Lisa says:

Oh my gosh this is so beautiful thanks for sharing the pictures! You look amazing and what a dream to be married in the most romantic city in the world! You truly look like a Princess! Congratulations on 5 years of marriage!

• Lisa says:

Martha,

I had to come back and comment on this. I remember reading this post before going to Paris and you won’t believe this, I stayed right around the corner from George V and walked by the American Cathedral quite a bit this trip! I couldn’t help but think about you when I saw it all, it’s like you’re a celebrity and I was walking in your foot steps! haha! What an amazing place to get married!
        Lisa just blogged *Le Sigh*My Profile

• Lol!! Well, I don’t know about celebrity but I can tell you I definitely felt like a Princess that day ;)
          I can not wait for your posts….I will get my Paris fix from you ;)
          Xoxoxo

2. chris ed says:

OMG everything is so perfect and beautiful! I really enjoyed this amazing post! You wrote it so sweet!
    Happy anniversary:)

3. Tijana says:

Congratulations on your anniversary and more years to come! You two look like you are made for each other! Thank you for sharing this lovely pictures with us. You looked wonderful, like a princess that you are :)))

4. Ani says:

Martha, the pictures are like from a fairytale book. You look absolutely gorgeous and not a better settig can be choosen as the city of love-Paris. Happy anniversary to you and your handsome hubby and wonderful years behind. Thanks for sharing those wonderful pictures, indeed it was a dream wedding :-)

• Thank you so much!!
      I actually altered the Loubis a bit…they had a crochet flower in the front which was not what I wanted…so I took that off and ordered these vintage buttons and I glued them on…it worked perfectly…just what I wanted ;)
      XOXO

5. Pip says:

Thanks dear for your wonderful comment as always and thanks for continuing to follow me through bloglovin after leaving Gfc! I have been following you on bloglovin already, so we’ll still keep in touch! By the way, this post is so nice. You were such a gorgeous bride! Xx. Pip.

6. Amedar says:

I’m still learning from you, but I’m making my way to the top as well. I definitely liked reading everything that is posted on your website.Keep the aarticles coming. I enjoyed it!

7. Maya H says:

=O suena como a la boda de mis sueños todo fue perfecto y que genial que así continue :) ¡Muchas felicidades! que bien que te hayas cambiado a wordpress yo estoy viendo la posiblidad y no te preocupes ya antes te segúia en bloglovin :D

• Hola Maya!!
      Perfecto!! Que bueno que todavia estemos en contacto ;)
      Pues la cosa de mover me a WordPress estubo un poquo dificil pero en fin…ya estoy aqui ;)
      Gracias por tu commentario de mi boda…para mi fue perfecta.
      XOXO

8. Yasmine Hamoud says:

I got lost while reading this post…you know just like when you read those fairy tales stories at night! Now when I will walk by the George V It won’t be the same :)
    It looks like this weeding was perfect and Ivo & you are match maid in heaven!
    Happy anniversary! I wish you both a long life together so you can show the world that true love exists.
    Kisses from Paris!

• Lol!!
      It felt like a fairytale to me ;)
      You must see the inside of the Cathedral…right next door almost…it’s so beautiful.
      Thank you very much for your sweet wishes…we appreciate them greatly.
      XOXO

9. Woah! I’m really digging the template/theme of this blog. It’s simple, yet effective.
    A lot of times it’s hard to get that “perfect balance” between user friendliness and visual appearance. I must say you’ve
    done a awesome job with this. In addition, the blog loads extremely quick for
    me on Firefox. Excellent Blog!
    wedding cake decorations just blogged wedding cake decorationsMy Profile

10. Pingback: belleza