You can do it, put your back into it!

I think there is something so chic about an exposed back…it needs no accessories or bling because sometimes just a little skin can be all the luxury you need ;) I did however add some bling to my feet. These are my very first pair of Christian Louboutin shoes.

IMG_4156I bought them in 2005 and they cost me $995…it was/is a fortune!! I remember saving for them, skipping meals and setting the money aside for these shoes. Then, I took the plunge and bought them…and let me tell you, there is no better feeling than spending your own money to buy yourself something nice. And 7 years later, I love these shoes still…I mean, they have crystal balls on them…how could I not love them ;)
As for the dress, I love so many things about it…the peplum, the back, the collar and the fit. It’s a classic Martha dress.

Here’s what I’m wearing:
BCBG Peplum dress
Christian Louboutin Palace Strass Black Velvet heels
Diamond pave earrings c/o Kara Akerman

IMG_4161IMG_4168IMG_4169IMG_4170
So tell me, what was the first big splurge you can remember and do you still have/love the item?

1. November 16, 2012 / 6:23 pm

Your splurge worth it!l you look so beautiful! My first splurge was a pair of Louboutin (Pigalle) too! Have a great weekend!
    CRAVING FOR BARNEYS just blogged Ganadora del bolsoMy Profile

2. November 16, 2012 / 11:38 pm

You look amazing and you don’t need any accessories with a back like that! ;)

What a good investment those shoes were, they still look amazing!

My first splurge was a Tiffany & Co. silver heart necklace I bought myself for my 22nd Birthday in Vegas, it was an amazing feeling!
    Lisa just blogged Discoveries at Kohl’s!My Profile

3. November 17, 2012 / 3:21 pm

I’ve never felt too confident with an exposed back, but it looks so great on you. You’re the ideal image of femininity! Especially with those rockin’ new Loubies.

SIDEWALKCATWALKS.com
    Naina just blogged forbidden heightsMy Profile

4. November 18, 2012 / 12:04 am

Those are GORGEOUS heels, and totally worth the splurge, my friend. I wish we wore the same size and I could raid your shoe closet!!! xoxox

November 18, 2012 / 2:43 pm

Hello, you look amazing! Very chic and elegant look! Buying the heels was good investment. I think I don´t have shoes which are 7 year old.
    have a nice week:)

6. November 18, 2012 / 10:04 pm

I haven’t made a splurge quite that big yet. I’m working on it hehe. Those shoes are very classy, love the style. You are working that dress.
    Ria just blogged Make Your Mind UpMy Profile

7. November 19, 2012 / 2:56 am

The shoes are fabulous! I think my first “big” splurge was when I was 15 years old and I saved up for a silver ring I wanted so bad from a vintage store. I think it was $80, but to me at that age when babysitting was my main income, it could have been equivalent to the $995 you sent on your fab heels! hah! You look gorg and I know that background! San Diego, home sweet home.

Holly Foxen Wells

GlamourMash
    Holly Foxen Wells just blogged Lovely Little Lots // Gloria of Little White WhaleMy Profile

8. November 19, 2012 / 6:24 am

Beautiful outfit! I love the back detail and added peplum at the front – such an interesting design.
    The shoes are just gorgeous. I can imagine how excited you were when they became yours. I’ve actually never ever spent A LOT of cash on anything, but my first serious purchase was my lambs wool black coat – I bought it back in 2003 for around £200 reduced from £1000+ and still love and wear it. :)
    LittleRus just blogged Natalia Vodianova in A Grand AffairMy Profile

9. November 19, 2012 / 10:35 am

I agree about the exposed back, it’s super sexy and chic. You look stunning in this dress!

10. November 20, 2012 / 4:23 am

What a gorgeous dress!You look amazing on that!Sexy back!

11. November 25, 2012 / 12:38 pm

Beautiful outfit,
    love love love the back;
    and those heels are stunning!!!
    Aux Caprices de Flore just blogged Oil Paint ArtMy Profile

12. November 25, 2012 / 10:36 pm

I am a big fan of open back dresses. There is always something so sexy about them and you are right you don’t need jewelry because of the beautiful design. I am in love with your shoes they are so beautiful and feminine.
    XO,
    Zhanna
    Zhanna just blogged The Things I Am Thankful ForMy Profile

13. Tijana
    November 26, 2012 / 3:42 pm

I’m definitely reconsidering that peplum trend now!! :) That dress looks so good on you, you got me thinking if i can pull it off as well. :)
    xoxo