Pregnancy Fit Intro (and my first vlog!)

Well, as most of you know, I’m pregnant and there are some major changes going on with me…not just wardrobe adjustments but you know, the whole making a baby process is pretty massive. Your body goes through changes and one thing I am really trying to be adamant about is staying healthy and fit during my pregnancy. This means eating a good (organic) diet, drinking plenty of water and of course, exercising.
I am working now with the talented people from The Pilates Place here in South Beach to bring you guys an inside look to Pilates from a pregnant woman’s point of view. Here’s my first VLOG and brief intro this new section called Pregnancy Fit ;) Enjoy!

And here’s my video after the workout:

These are the exercises we worked on (you can click on the names for more information):
Stretches
Leg Springs
Arm Springs
Balancing on the Bosu Ball
Ped O Pull
Final stretching on Ladder Barrel (this one was AMAZING!! I loved the way it made my back feel)

I trained with Louis today at The Pilates Place and he was great. Full of information about which muscles we were working on, why and what I can expect.

The session was really rewarding. I felt my body stretch and work in a manner that I hadn’t felt in a long time (pre-pregnancy time). Because of the pregnancy, the weight of the baby creates some major lower back pain so to be able to alleviate my spine of the compression was really fabulous. Even for all you gorgeous non-preggos…Pilates is a great way to give your body a nice break from the day…especially since so many of us are sitting/typing for hours. If you can’t get to a class, try to stand up and lean forward to touch the ground, then roll your spine back up one vertebrae at a time. This is a great little exercise that does wonders for you back.

Well, that’s it for now…I’ll be back with another session soon!

1. January 21, 2013 / 6:46 pm

I love pilates! It helped me with my asthma (I could significantly lower the amount of medicine) and it saves my back after hours spent in front of computer. But when you’ll be looking for exercises to get fit after your pregnancy the best thing is belly dance :) I’ve been dancing & doing different exercises for years but my belly looked best when I was belly dancing regularly :)
    Gata just blogged Simply a Polish gardenMy Profile

2. January 22, 2013 / 12:13 am

You are too cute! I’m loving seeing you on video! How funny we both did a vlog at the same time. I agree taking video is a lot easier isn’t it??
    Lisa just blogged BFF & VlogsMy Profile

3. January 22, 2013 / 11:14 am

You are just so beautiful and cute Martha! What a great video! Even though I’m not pregnant, I’ve wanted to start yoga and pilates for quite some time now. I’ve heard just so many positive things they do for both your physical and mental health.

xo Jenny
    Jenny just blogged Ciaté Mini Mani Month GiveawayMy Profile

4. January 22, 2013 / 12:41 pm

How cute are you? Working out during one’s pregnancy is KEY to staying SANE. Kudos to you for figuring that out.
    Maria Tettamanti just blogged By: ginger harrisMy Profile

5. January 24, 2013 / 2:19 am

So important to keep exercising during pregnancy. Love the vlogs!!

Kacie, ladybear.me

6. January 24, 2013 / 11:15 pm

You are just a cutie! I’m feeling bad now that you’re pregnant and working out and I’m not at all. lol.
    Ria just blogged Double VisionMy Profile

January 27, 2013 / 3:40 am

Hi Martha, great vlog! Really cool update and you look amazing! happy weekend! kisses chris

8. January 27, 2013 / 2:09 pm

Hi Martha , such a sweet video from you , to stay fit while pregnant is so important , sometimes with first pregnancy girls can be so confused with everything ! I put 3 stones while pregnant , I can’t believe in that now , I definitely know that second time for me will be much different , I will be not eating for two ;) and more exercises for sure !I lost my baby weight very quick ..
    It’s great that you keep fit and healthy and enjoying pregnancy :) looking forward to more pregnancy post , I am a mum now so I am into that !
    Ellinelle just blogged SundayMy Profile

9. January 28, 2013 / 10:06 am

te quedo genial el video, te ves muy bien :D