If you can’t beat them, join them!

I tried as hard as I could to hold on to my high heels and in my head, at the beginning of my pregnancy, I was sure that I could be that chic preggo lady that would wear her highest heels while being wheeled into the delivery room…but my friends, I have to confess, that won’t be me. I had to give up on my heels, my ankles just couldn’t take them and frankly, neither could my back anymore. I’ve crossed over to the “other side” but since I’m here…at the very least my shoes should be fun, right? Well, here’s what I wore to the South Beach Wine and Food Festival’s soiree “Q”:

J.Crew lightweight wool blazer
Pea in the Pod “Let me out” shirt
Destination Maternity Side Panel Skinny jeans
H&M statement necklace
J.Crew glitter ballet flats (similar style here)
Banana Republic yellow clutch

I’m also wearing my newest lipstick (thanks to GLOSSYBOX). I am loving this shade from Tarte. It’s a super fun color to wear out.
IMG_5473IMG_5474IMG_5477IMG_5480IMG_5484IMG_5488
What do you think about this lipstick shade and if you’re pregnant and/or have ever had children…when did you finally give up your heels?

1. Pip
    February 22, 2013 / 1:23 am

I love your statement necklace! And when I was pregnant, I also had to give up the heels at only 5 months pregnant! LOL! You look gorgeous pregnant! xx Pip

2. February 22, 2013 / 9:32 am

You are gorgeous. It’s so much fun to watch you glow throughout your pregnancy. Welcome to the world of flat shoes. I wear them because I’m taller than all my friends and also because I walk almost everywhere, but I have to admit that I’ve been inspired by your gorgeous heels and have told myself I just need to practice walking in them! Now I think that sparkling flats are the perfect way to go. Still glam but more comfortable.
    Loulou just blogged Out for Drinks With a Friend and What I WoreMy Profile

3. February 22, 2013 / 9:45 am

Linda

4. February 22, 2013 / 11:54 am

Awww… Don’t worry yyou will be wearing your heels back again in no time :)
    BTW love the t-shirt!
    Gissi just blogged Black and White True LoveMy Profile

5. February 22, 2013 / 3:13 pm

buen outfit, encantó la camiseta, te ves muy linda :D!

6. February 22, 2013 / 9:42 pm

you look great here! I haven’t had any children yet but I would imagine I would love living in my flats! haha
    xo,
    nancy
    nancy @ adore to adorn just blogged Color Of The DayMy Profile

7. February 23, 2013 / 12:49 am

That t-shirt is adorable!! Even if you are wearing flats you picked quite a fashionable pair and still look stunning!!
    Lisa just blogged Navy Blue LoveMy Profile

8. February 24, 2013 / 7:57 am

I love the red lip and I gave up heels at the 5 month mark. I basically lived in maxi dresses and Havaianas from then on! Nowadays, I can’t even look at a maxi dress!

9. February 24, 2013 / 10:13 am

In LOVE with those glitter flats!!! Oh my goodness I need some!
    Caitlin C just blogged Bling BlingMy Profile

10. February 24, 2013 / 1:36 pm

My dear, you are showing that you don’t need heels to be glam and smokin’ hot! When I was pregnant I couldn’t stand on heels for long either, because that would have meant causing damages to my back and knees afterwards. Now I wear them mainly at work, where I know I don’t have to literally run after my little one! Take care gorgeous! xoxo Coco
    Coco just blogged London Fashion Week – Coco’s notepadMy Profile

11. February 24, 2013 / 6:35 pm

Awww babe! You’ll be back in your heels in no time. Of course you’ve got the chicest flats so cute.
    Ria just blogged Straight For Your HeartMy Profile

12. February 26, 2013 / 12:07 am

You look equally lovely in flats as in heels, so you shouldn’t worry about giving up heels for a while ;) I really like this look!
    LA By Diana Live Magazine
    Diana Marks just blogged LA SunsetMy Profile

13. Nieszka
    March 2, 2013 / 12:46 pm

for sure give up the heels! no need to torture yourself like that. stay healthy for you and the baby. luckily there are so many cute styles of flats! great shade of lipstick btw :)

memoriesoftimespast.blogspot.com

14. Tijana
    March 4, 2013 / 3:31 pm

I just stopped to say hello! I’m lovin this combo, the flats and blazer are so very me :) You look so fresh and beautiful… :)