Turning over a new leaf…

The summer has left…at least in Switzerland and that means that our time to return to Miami is drawing near. There was a time when I couldn’t wait to be home…and that’s still the case but the older I get, the more I realize how lucky I am to have this opportunity. To live here for the summer. To experience a kind of life that is so different than what we have in Miami. And yes, I am excited to be home (as there truly is no place like it) but I have to say that I really loved Switzerland this summer. We had wonderful weather, my little Mia and I ran around Zurich shopping the summer sales, the hubby and I sat by the lake and ate our lunches, we had countless dinners at the grill…it has been absolutely perfect. I’m counting my blessings and reminding myself that appreciation of current life is crucial to happiness….and that, my friends, is a fact ;)

French Connection Denim Jacket (same jacket but in lighter shade here)
Gap Essential Ribbed tank
Antik Batik Feather print silk-georgette maxi skirt (see same but in gray here)

IMG_6529IMG_6540IMG_6543Moral of the post (is there such a thing in fashion blogging??)…don’t forget to stop, look around, appreciate your life, enjoy the moment, be in the present and be grateful for what you have. In the big scheme of things…we are all very lucky indeed.

About Martha Dominguez

Miami Beach fashion blogger, Martha Dominguez, shares her insight on fashion, art, music, travel and lifestyle.
This entry was posted in Personal Style and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Turning over a new leaf…

1. Rachelle says:

First you look beautiful, love the maxi and denim jacket combo. Second, you are very right it is important to stop the complaining and realize how lucky we are. My mom always says there’s always something to be grateful for. Kiss baby Mia for me ;)
    Rachelle is a fabulous blogger too! Check this out ON & OFF DUTYMy Profile

2. Tijana says:

Great outfit, I love your skirt :)
    Tijana is a fabulous blogger too! Check this out Orange dressMy Profile

3. love what you said. You look so amazing btw.

xO!

-Facebook-
    -Twitter-
    -Instagram-
    thehautecookie is a fabulous blogger too! Check this out white linenMy Profile

4. Fleurani says:

Martha, I couldnt agree more with on that. Live in the present and enjoy every Minute of it. Most of the People live in the past and future and Forget to live but more exist. Next summer we Need to meet in Zürich :-). What Connections do you have to Switzerland? Is your hubby swiss?

And now to your super cute Ensemble. That maxi skirt is the perfect transitional fall Piece and gets an edgy touch by the denim jacket. Lovely as always :-)

ani

5. Loulou says:

You are so right Martha. Sometimes it’s easy to forget to overlook the small good things in life. You are really lucky to have two such wonderful places to travel between, both of which I really want to visit one day.
    Loulou is a fabulous blogger too! Check this out Saying Yes to Something Different : Going Out to a Bluegrass ConcertMy Profile

6. You are indeed so blessed Martha…..& one of the bloggers around that I feel have pure heart & soul. You deserve everything that you have….and I sure had a blast looking at Mia’s pictures in your Instagram here…..she’s an angel!

Rebecca
    Red Tag Chic Los Angeles is a fabulous blogger too! Check this out Rose Royce BlueMy Profile

7. I love this post. Wonderful message, and you are so right. I absolutely love this outfit – you look lovely in that flowing skirt. I hope you and your family have a safe trip back! Thank you so much for linking up!! xo
    Kirstin Marie is a fabulous blogger too! Check this out Kirstin Marie – Plus size fashion & style blog.My Profile

8. I agree, and you’re doing the right thing, That’s my motto: live for the present, have gratitude, and enjoy life. We all should do that. Sounds like you had a great time. I have family in Switzerland, beautiful place. I love your colourful printed skirt here as well! Safe travelling dear. x/Madison
    FASHION TALES is a fabulous blogger too! Check this out Lady in Red and Teal: An Artful Mash-upMy Profile

9. You look so beautiful, love that skirt. And I totally agree, it’s always important to love the things you have in your life.

10. Lisa says:

You are definitely lucky to be able to jet away for the summer and spend it in a beautiful place! I love following your posts and seeing your pics. This outfit is amazing, I just love the skirt paired with the denim jacket! :D
    Lisa is a fabulous blogger too! Check this out Beauty Inspiration: Sofia VergaraMy Profile

11. lololol you made me chuckle,”the moral of the post””
    Yes I guess there is one huh?, you are so cute haha!

It sounds like you had the most amaziiiiiiing time.
    Wow so great you got to spend the summer in switserland!
    Lucky you.
    You look absolutely fantastic Martha,I mean you just had a baby not so long ago!
    Can’t believe how you got your figure back so quick.
    You are simply glowing and I love that gorgeous skirt.

Enjoy a fab day dear kisses xoxo Tamara Chloé.
    Tamara Chloé is a fabulous blogger too! Check this out Fisherman’s Hat For FallMy Profile

12. Caitlin C says:

Girl I LOVVVVVE this skirt!!
    Caitlin C is a fabulous blogger too! Check this out Homemade Starbucks Passion Tea LemonadeMy Profile

13. Maya H says:

te ves muy bien y la primera foto es genial!
    Maya H is a fabulous blogger too! Check this out The Arabian TouchMy Profile

14. I couldn’t agree with you more Martha! as I am living a similar situation and that is exactly how I feel! I will miss you even though I didn’t see you, I knew you were closer to me then you will be when you are in Miami! hope that next year I can go around to visit you and/or vice versa! You look beautiful by the way, that’s what happiness does to ppl!

Xx,

Ana
    Chic Streets and Eats is a fabulous blogger too! Check this out Tropic TransitionMy Profile

15. Amen. You are so lucky to live abroad during the summertime. PSST: Summers in Miami STINK:)
    Maria Tettamanti is a fabulous blogger too! Check this out And Now For Some Thinspiration…My Profile

16. lily says:

You’re so gorgeous Martha and you look so happy! love the print on your skirt. :)

lily is a fabulous blogger too! Check this out San Francisco Trip (Video)My Profile

17. Coco says:

Martha you are such a wonderful woman inside out! I’m glad you enjoyed your holiday! You look so girlie and beautiful in that skirt! Big hugs darling
    Love
    Coco et La vie en rose
    Coco et La vie en rose on Bloglovin
    Coco et La vie en rose on Facebook
    Coco is a fabulous blogger too! Check this out Coco et La vie en rose on Monogram MagMy Profile

18. Summer perfection! I’m a huge fan of maxis, the print of yours is so pretty, love denim for a more casual approach.

Cee. ♥
    Code Overdressed

19. June says:

Looking good Martha! Im sure you had a wonderful time at Switzerland~!
    June is a fabulous blogger too! Check this out Fly Away With MeMy Profile

20. ola munia says:

Hi Martha!
    Great to re-connect, it’s been awhile!
    You had your precious bundle of joy!! Congratulations.

By the way, can I just say how good you look – you are glowing!!
    Great look. The temperatures are falling and I can’t wait to start wearing my denim jacket too!

xo
    Ola
    ola munia is a fabulous blogger too! Check this out the square scarfMy Profile

21. Coco says:

You should have named it super hot mommy!! You look fabulous Martha! Here we are going towards the cold season, without complaints :-) hope your little one is doing great! Big hugs hunny
    Love
    Coco et La vie en rose
    Coco et La vie en rose on Bloglovin
    Coco et La vie en rose on Facebook
    Coco is a fabulous blogger too! Check this out Some things that make me feel betterMy Profile

22. You look amazing and I love that skirt.
    I definitely agree with what you’ve said, live in the present and appreciate life’s blessings.

Xx

23. http://fashionlikealife.blogspot.com/ says:

Great look :)

fashionlikealife.blogspot.com

24. Lori says:

Love this look! It’s gorgeous.
    Lori