Turning over a new leaf…

The summer has left…at least in Switzerland and that means that our time to return to Miami is drawing near. There was a time when I couldn’t wait to be home…and that’s still the case but the older I get, the more I realize how lucky I am to have this opportunity. To live here for the summer. To experience a kind of life that is so different than what we have in Miami. And yes, I am excited to be home (as there truly is no place like it) but I have to say that I really loved Switzerland this summer. We had wonderful weather, my little Mia and I ran around Zurich shopping the summer sales, the hubby and I sat by the lake and ate our lunches, we had countless dinners at the grill…it has been absolutely perfect. I’m counting my blessings and reminding myself that appreciation of current life is crucial to happiness….and that, my friends, is a fact ;)

French Connection Denim Jacket (same jacket but in lighter shade here)
Gap Essential Ribbed tank
Antik Batik Feather print silk-georgette maxi skirt (see same but in gray here)

IMG_6529IMG_6540IMG_6543Moral of the post (is there such a thing in fashion blogging??)…don’t forget to stop, look around, appreciate your life, enjoy the moment, be in the present and be grateful for what you have. In the big scheme of things…we are all very lucky indeed.

1. August 25, 2013 / 3:34 pm

First you look beautiful, love the maxi and denim jacket combo. Second, you are very right it is important to stop the complaining and realize how lucky we are. My mom always says there’s always something to be grateful for. Kiss baby Mia for me ;)
    Rachelle just blogged ON & OFF DUTYMy Profile

2. August 25, 2013 / 3:48 pm

Great outfit, I love your skirt :)
    Tijana just blogged Orange dressMy Profile

3. August 26, 2013 / 7:17 am

Martha, I couldnt agree more with on that. Live in the present and enjoy every Minute of it. Most of the People live in the past and future and Forget to live but more exist. Next summer we Need to meet in Zürich :-). What Connections do you have to Switzerland? Is your hubby swiss?

And now to your super cute Ensemble. That maxi skirt is the perfect transitional fall Piece and gets an edgy touch by the denim jacket. Lovely as always :-)

ani

4. August 27, 2013 / 9:17 am

You are indeed so blessed Martha…..& one of the bloggers around that I feel have pure heart & soul. You deserve everything that you have….and I sure had a blast looking at Mia’s pictures in your Instagram here…..she’s an angel!

Rebecca
    Red Tag Chic Los Angeles just blogged Rose Royce BlueMy Profile

5. August 27, 2013 / 11:00 am

I love this post. Wonderful message, and you are so right. I absolutely love this outfit – you look lovely in that flowing skirt. I hope you and your family have a safe trip back! Thank you so much for linking up!! xo
    Kirstin Marie just blogged Kirstin Marie – Plus size fashion & style blog.My Profile

6. August 27, 2013 / 12:10 pm

I agree, and you’re doing the right thing, That’s my motto: live for the present, have gratitude, and enjoy life. We all should do that. Sounds like you had a great time. I have family in Switzerland, beautiful place. I love your colourful printed skirt here as well! Safe travelling dear. x/Madison
    FASHION TALES just blogged Lady in Red and Teal: An Artful Mash-upMy Profile

7. August 27, 2013 / 1:38 pm

You look so beautiful, love that skirt. And I totally agree, it’s always important to love the things you have in your life.

8. August 27, 2013 / 2:24 pm

You are definitely lucky to be able to jet away for the summer and spend it in a beautiful place! I love following your posts and seeing your pics. This outfit is amazing, I just love the skirt paired with the denim jacket! :D
    Lisa just blogged Beauty Inspiration: Sofia VergaraMy Profile

9. August 27, 2013 / 3:19 pm

lololol you made me chuckle,”the moral of the post””
    Yes I guess there is one huh?, you are so cute haha!

It sounds like you had the most amaziiiiiiing time.
    Wow so great you got to spend the summer in switserland!
    Lucky you.
    You look absolutely fantastic Martha,I mean you just had a baby not so long ago!
    Can’t believe how you got your figure back so quick.
    You are simply glowing and I love that gorgeous skirt.

Enjoy a fab day dear kisses xoxo Tamara Chloé.
    Tamara Chloé just blogged Fisherman’s Hat For FallMy Profile

10. August 28, 2013 / 12:44 am

te ves muy bien y la primera foto es genial!
    Maya H just blogged The Arabian TouchMy Profile

11. August 28, 2013 / 8:39 am

I couldn’t agree with you more Martha! as I am living a similar situation and that is exactly how I feel! I will miss you even though I didn’t see you, I knew you were closer to me then you will be when you are in Miami! hope that next year I can go around to visit you and/or vice versa! You look beautiful by the way, that’s what happiness does to ppl!

Xx,

Ana
    Chic Streets and Eats just blogged Tropic TransitionMy Profile

12. August 28, 2013 / 1:31 pm

You’re so gorgeous Martha and you look so happy! love the print on your skirt. :)

lily just blogged San Francisco Trip (Video)My Profile

13. August 29, 2013 / 3:37 pm

Summer perfection! I’m a huge fan of maxis, the print of yours is so pretty, love denim for a more casual approach.

Cee. ♥
    Code Overdressed

14. September 9, 2013 / 4:04 pm

Hi Martha!
    Great to re-connect, it’s been awhile!
    You had your precious bundle of joy!! Congratulations.

By the way, can I just say how good you look – you are glowing!!
    Great look. The temperatures are falling and I can’t wait to start wearing my denim jacket too!

xo
    Ola
    ola munia just blogged the square scarfMy Profile

15. September 17, 2013 / 10:30 pm

You look amazing and I love that skirt.
    I definitely agree with what you’ve said, live in the present and appreciate life’s blessings.

Xx