Mama’s got a brand new bag!

photo (7)

So, I know what you’re thinking…is she really writing about a bag? Yep, I am…because this isn’t just a new bag for me, it’s my new “diaper” bag for Mia. Double whammy! For me, a diaper bag always seemed like a weird thing to buy…especially a designer one. I mean, what do you do with it when you don’t need it anymore? It’s not like you’ll be toting around that bag as a purse…or do you?? Anyway, I know spending crazy money on a diaper bag seems impractical, but at least I know that this  bag will 100% be used again long after Mia’s diaper days are over. That’s how I got by hubby on board ;)

Louis Vuitton 2013 010
I knew I needed to be realistic and get a bag that would be big enough to house all the new things I’m carrying (seriously, Moms practically carry a Walgreens in their bags). I went to the Bahnhofstrasse and popped into Louis Vuitton (last year’s pop led to these babies). I looked at the Neverfull but I didn’t like that it doesn’t have a zipper. I looked at the Totally MM but it wasn’t as big as I would have liked. Then my fab friend Ana mentioned to me that I should look at the Palermo GM and it was love at first sight! Louis Vuitton 2013 002Louis Vuitton 2013 004Louis Vuitton 2013 008Louis Vuitton 2013 011Louis Vuitton 2013 015
It’s really a great bag with three inside pockets and a main zipper. I can fit a portable changing station, diapers, wipes, hand sanitizer, lotion, makeup bag, wallet, Kindle, iPhone, blanket, change of clothes for Mia and a bottle of water.
Seriously, I’m totally set on space AND this is the type of bag that you’ll want to keep afterwards. I know we’ll get a lot of use from it with our travels.
So, what do you think of Mama’s new bag??

If you’re a Mom…did you splurge on your diaper bag and if so, what did you get?

1. August 18, 2013 / 5:38 pm

It looks like a beautiful and very useful bag. So much nicer than a regular baby-bag, and surely you’ll be using it until it wears out. That said though, my shoulder almost got sore from hearing about all the things you new mothers need to carry around! So much stuff that I might have been tempted to get one of those bags with wheels on the bottom! ;)

Hope everything is going well with you and your sweet family.
    Loulou just blogged Street Style : Cat Dress in China TownMy Profile

2. August 18, 2013 / 6:23 pm

Great purchase and I agree after you no longer use as a diaper bag, you can easily make it an everyday purse. And most of all it is so pretty, Louis is always a good buy ;)
    Rachelle just blogged INSTA-PinkSoleMy Profile

3. August 19, 2013 / 11:38 am

A bag like this deserves its very own post!! Fabulous purchase that is going to last you forever!
    Lisa just blogged Wine Lover!My Profile

4. August 19, 2013 / 1:00 pm

Girl! Every haute mama need a designer diaper bag. No explanation necessary!
    Maria Tettamanti just blogged Kimono CoolMy Profile

5. Maria
    August 20, 2013 / 7:45 am

Hola Martha!

absolutely great bag! congratulations. I didnt know about that model. I always look and look again at the Neverfull but i dont like that it doesnt have zipper so this is great news for me :)
    I m sure that u are going to use it a lot and congrats to your husband that understands that we love LV :)

Maria

• August 27, 2013 / 4:09 pm

Hi Maria!
      I have been really loving the bag. There is definitely plenty of room and believe it or not, it is not that heavy.
      Some other Louis Vuitton bags are quite heavy without having much in them, so it’s nice to know my shoulder won’t cringe with pain everytime I use it ;)
      I hope you are able to get this one or something similar as I think you’ll really like it.
      Hope all is well!
      XOXO

6. August 20, 2013 / 10:09 am

Gorgeous bag! I think I need to start getting my husband on board with this idea now, even if we are a few years out from having kids! It seriously might take that long to convince him… ;)
    Lauren just blogged Ladylike in Lace and Pearls + a GiveawayMy Profile

7. August 20, 2013 / 2:07 pm

Perfect choice Martha , I love how you look at things , to be honest I had a special baby bag also but I Never even used it , it just wasn’t me ! I love that LV bags can be such a great alternative , practical and stylish in the same time , also investment in a way , like you said you can use it again and again ! Love your new bag :)
    Ellinelle just blogged Monday’s inspirationMy Profile

8. August 20, 2013 / 2:33 pm

I couldn’t comment on your previous post about breastfeeding ! So I am doing it here ..thank you for this post , I was breastfeeding my daughter for about 1 and a half years , which might be a bit long , but I Didn’t had to go to the work etc so it wasn’t a problem for me , however it was a problem for the others , I Had questions all the time about how long I’m gonna breastfeeding etc etc , in the same time I didn’t ask how long will your 6 year old gonna use the dummy ( sarcastic I know :) !
    It’s so so rare when in the Uk woman breastfeeding it’s kind of a problem when somebody does it , I only know one girl at the moment who breastfeeding and she is European the same as me ! It’s so brave of you that you breastfeeding in public , I never did that , always hiding in ladies room , but I Know one thing I will not gonna do that if I Will have another child , I have much more experience and stronger mind about all that now ..

I am wondering when all this about breastfeeding changed so much !? In old days there wasn’t such a problem is it?!

And that man who said THAT needs a slap !
    Ellinelle just blogged Monday’s inspirationMy Profile

9. August 20, 2013 / 9:57 pm

That’s one fab bag! Love your outfit too!

10. August 21, 2013 / 4:56 pm

Wow, it is so gorgeous and you are right! It will be used long after the baby days!
    Rachel just blogged Feel Good WednesdaysMy Profile

11. August 21, 2013 / 5:23 pm

amazing bag :)
    Tijana just blogged KotorMy Profile

12. August 21, 2013 / 6:32 pm

Haha I’m pretty sure Mama’s gonna be using that bag after Mia’s diaper days are over! So that is a smart purchase. Besides that, we fashionistas always need to combine practicality with style :)
    June just blogged Restaurant Review – MasalaZoneMy Profile

13. August 23, 2013 / 12:17 pm

Great post. Definitely helpful for fellow mommies! :)

14. August 28, 2013 / 8:35 am

Ummm hello awesome idea that you just sparked in my head! lol I am blaming you when the hubby comes back with an argument! haha not that I am having children now, but in the future it is good to have in mind ;).

LOVE the bag and I agree I need something that is going to last way beyond the diapers!

Xx,