Pencil Pusher

039
Fact: I should have named this blog “Balcony Girl” because I shoot so many of my posts there but in my defense, it’s hot out there. Like seriously can’t handle the heat sort of hot. I love Miami but good Lord, give us a little bit less humidity, please…I’m too high-maintenance to handle all this sweating ;)

Anyway, I digress. Back to the fashion aspect. I love pencil skirts, I’ve got a serious obsession with them. They are sophisticated, sexy, slightly retro and always chic. In my opinion, you can’t go wrong with a pencil skirt and stilettos. That will always be “in”. It’s such a perfect combination that it makes wearing a t-shirt feel glamorous.

018

I’m wearing:
“Famous” Mackenna Top (c/o Blush Boutique)
Theory Golda II pencil skirt
Merona blue crossbody bag from Target (similar color and styles here)
Swarovski acrylic bangle, fall 2013 collection available next month (c/o Swarovski)
Steve Madden Realove heels in patent (here in leather)

030034037041
I didn’t list it above but in case you want to know, I’m wearing Chanel’s Rouge Allure in “Passion”.
I promise to venture out into the heat and do some location shoots in the next coming weeks…I’ll do it, just for you ;)

1. September 10, 2013 / 12:23 am

You look gorgeous!! I agree pencil skirts always look good especially with a good shoe! I absolutely love how you paired yours with a t-shirt it looks perfect!
    Lisa just blogged Summertime SadnessMy Profile

2. September 10, 2013 / 4:50 am

YES pencil skirts, have always been one of my favorites!
    I love the trendy twist you gave it with that fun trendy shirt!
    Red lips and a statement bag and you are just perfect!
    I love the red lipcolor!
    thanks for sharing the color.

You are looking spectacular Martha;))))

xoxo kisses Tamara Chloé
    Tamara Chloé just blogged Camouflage CrushMy Profile

3. September 10, 2013 / 5:28 am

This pencil skirt is perfection, you look sharp, sexy and love the red lips.
    Rachelle just blogged Birthday & PresentsMy Profile

4. September 10, 2013 / 5:32 am

I really think this look is perfect for work!

I also like pencil skirts but because I don’t really wear heels I can’t really combine them properly because I’m more of a sneaker girl a long with wide shirts and stuff!

Got a new post up and can’t wait to see your opinion!

Happy Week!

Love,

Janice

Getting my dress on yo!

5. September 10, 2013 / 7:59 am

I too love a good pencil skirt and have just realized I don’t wear mone nearly often enough! You look fantastic in yours.

Funny / interesting point about heat … Today we are scheduled to have the hottest day we’ve had all year, and we had a hot summer. There is some freak weather system going on causing this. And then next week it’s dropping right down to being cold enough to need a jacket!

xo
    Loulou just blogged A Day Trip to a Place That Was Once Nearly HomeMy Profile

6. September 10, 2013 / 10:55 am

This look is perfect :) And it is just what I needed – an idea how to mix my favorite skirt and red lipstick and not look like an elderly lady ;) Thanks!
    Gata just blogged StretchMy Profile

7. September 12, 2013 / 3:30 pm

Haha! Balcony Girl! Love the outfit. The blue clutch really finishes it off. :)

8. September 17, 2013 / 2:49 am

I love this look! I’m a huge fan of pencil skirts and this one is super flattering on you. And the pop of blue in the clutch is perfect. So excited to find another blogger from a tropical place!

Aloha from Hawaii,
    <3 Jenn

9. September 17, 2013 / 2:31 pm

Hi Martha, oh my, look at you…so svelte and stylish :) I love the outfit, it looks fresh and original, and I’m just a little bit jealous of the view too! xoxo

10. September 17, 2013 / 3:24 pm

You are so pretty, I like your skirt :)
    Tijana just blogged Yellow blazerMy Profile

11. September 19, 2013 / 10:05 pm

you look stunning! wow!! i love the look of pencil skirts too. so timeless and chic. a bit tricky to get used to walking at first. at least it was for me. im a fast walker, but with skirts like this, i have to take smaller steps hehe.

Sparkle & Chic

12. October 6, 2013 / 2:15 pm

PERFECT post:) Thanks SO much for your sweet words last week about my fathers death.

Im now back from a WONDERFUL vacation in France, we lived outside Antibes city, with a looong beach nearby the hotel. If you havent been there I must recomend you to do so:) you can see pics from our fab. trip on Monday.

Have a lovely week dear

LOVE Maria at inredningsvis – inredning it’s, Swedish for decor :)
    maria at inredningsvis just blogged Trendy trench coatsMy Profile