9 Months on, 9 Months off

photo 4
I gained 45 pounds while I was pregnant and I made a pact with myself that I would not stress out too much about losing it. I would just work out, eat healthy and try to give it time. All my good friends would tell me how fab I looked (even though I knew I still had a long way to go) and remind me that it took 9 months to put on the weight, so I should give my body 9 months to take it off. That sounded like an eternity a couple months back, but such is life with a new baby that the days turn into weeks and into months faster than you can change a diaper.
Blink and 9 months is almost here and voila, my friends were right. I can comfortably fit into my old clothes…like, I’m not even gasping for air while wearing this dress. Major improvement! I wore this dress to last night’s Etro fashion show at the beautiful Perez Art Museum of Miami. And even though this dress is an oldie (but a goodie), the cobalt blue was right on trend. See, investing in good pieces is always the way to go.002

Classic Jackie O Dress in cobalt blue by Black Halo
This is one of my favorite labels…I adore their chic lines, classic tailoring and sophisticated take on a modern woman’s wardrobe. If you don’t know Black Halo, check them out…they are fab!
Strappy gray patent heels by Rupert Sanderson
Resin denim bangle c/o Swarovski

photo 1photo 2

Moral of the post…give yourself time after your pregnancy to get back into your clothes. Don’t stress about it, it will happen. And…invest money in simple but chic pieces, they’ll last you much longer than that “must have” trend of the moment bag you’ve been eyeing ;)

About Martha Dominguez

Miami Beach fashion blogger, Martha Dominguez, shares her insight on fashion, art, music, travel and lifestyle.
This entry was posted in Motherhood, Personal Style and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to 9 Months on, 9 Months off

1. Martha you look gorgeous! great job losing those pounds… anyways you still looked fab after having the baby …
    By the way I was wearing cobalt blue last night too.
    Hope to see you around soon.
    XO
    Gissi
    Gissi Jimenez is a fabulous blogger too! Check this out Blush Leather & Black LaceMy Profile

2. Rachelle says:

It’s awesome that you’re reach your pre pregnancy weight, you look gorgeous in that dress. Cobalt blue is a great color for you.
    Rachelle is a fabulous blogger too! Check this out Valentine’s Day Gift Guide :: Under $50 & $100My Profile

3. June says:

Its totally gone for sure! You look stunning Martha!

4. Tijana says:

great dress Martha :) You look amazing :)
    Tijana is a fabulous blogger too! Check this out PonchoMy Profile

5. Loulou says:

You look gorgeous Martha! The dress is such a great colour on you.
    Loulou is a fabulous blogger too! Check this out Out to See a Band at The BovineMy Profile

6. You look absolutely stylish dear!

Beauty Follower is a fabulous blogger too! Check this out Lupita Nyong’o: The next fashion icon!My Profile

7. Love your attitude and being so sensible about getting back into shape. You look fantastic! x
    Fashioned by Love is a fabulous blogger too! Check this out Inspired by Pantone: radiant orchidMy Profile

8. Ria says:

Martha you are working this dress! You look absolutely fabulous. You did it!

Ria is a fabulous blogger too! Check this out What Could Have BeenMy Profile

9. congrats and you look AMAZING. ALWAYS AMAZING martha! xoxoxoxoxoxo
    thehautecookie.com is a fabulous blogger too! Check this out the go-toMy Profile

10. Charnele says:

You look fabulous Martha! You’re right, you can always count on classic pieces
    Charnele is a fabulous blogger too! Check this out Gold Little ThingsMy Profile

11. Wow you are really back in shape Martha & nobody would know that you just borne a pretty baby girl …..that dress is awesome!!!

Rebecca
    Red Tag Chic Los Angeles is a fabulous blogger too! Check this out The Sweater DressMy Profile

12. Lisa says:

I’m in love with those heels!!
    Lisa is a fabulous blogger too! Check this out Wedding Countdown…My Profile