We had heard the horror stories of attempting to conquer Disney with a toddler. The tales of long lines, the hot Orlando sun and no available reservations for lunch and dinner. The stories of tantrums over not being able to see Elsa. The exuberant cost of having to buy every souvenir known to man. And lastly, the nightmares of not being able to disconnect from Disney itself once the park day was done (hotels that play theme music throughout their grounds, pools with bright colored character sculptures, rooms with only Disney movies playing and so on and so on). Needless to say, we were nervous and maybe a little scared about our trip to Orlando.
That’s why when it came time to look for where to stay we decided to research a little and find a hotel that would be able to provide us (the adults) with a vacation of our own without excluding little Mia.
Enter (and check in) to the Four Seasons Orlando. Located on Walt Disney World Resort, this property is everything you’d expect from the Four Seasons without sacrificing quality family time.
(PHOTO HEAVY POST)
The property itself is massive…probably one of the biggest hotels I’ve been to with regards to grounds and space. They have three (3!!!) pools, a lazy river, tennis courts, a golf course, an ice cream parlor, a kids clubhouse, a game room, sand volleyball, a basketball court and two large water slides…trust me, you will not be worried about what to do next. The options are vast and of course, the options to just relax by the pool (an adult only pool is available) or at their luxurious spa are available too.
One of our biggest concern about heading to Disney was that Mia wouldn’t “get it” yet but we were wrong. True, she might not remember everything the way we will but she definitely knew she was on vacation. She knew it was somewhere unique and fun…where she could meet her favorite characters during the day and swim all afternoon while snacking on gummy crocodiles (a Four Seasons Orlando pool treat). Staying on this property was the perfect balance of her vacation and ours. Ivo (my husband) and I both agreed that we ALL benefitted from this week in Orlando. It was just as much for Mia as it was for us.
My husband took the opportunity to hit the driving range at their golf club every afternoon during nap time and I took the time in the evenings to relax a bit while the hubby and Mia floated along the lazy river. Needless to say, despite traveling with a toddler, we found that we had time to enjoy and decompress.
The room came set up with a great baby crib which Mia used during her naps and loved…honestly, she loved it more than her bed at home. Something about hotel beds, I guess…
Works on me too, to be honest.
Things to know about the Four Seasons Orlando:
* A complimentary Kids Camp is available everyday for children 4 and up; Children under the age of 4 are welcome but must be accompanied by a guardian/parent.
* The Four Seasons Orlando offers multiple complimentary shuttles to and from all four Disney parks
* A character breakfast with Goofy and Friends is offered at the hotel every Thursday and Saturday morning (prices available here)
* Their rooftop restaurant/lounge Capa steakhouse offers up nightly views of Magic Kingdom’s fireworks.
* A Disney concierge desk is located in the lobby so you can pick up your tickets and book any Disney excursions right on the property (beats waiting in line under the Florida sun).
* Florida residents are offered exceptional pricing during the following dates: April 23rd, 2015-June 11th, 2015 and August 17th, 2015 – October 4th, 2015
Rates start at just $295 per night and include valet parking for one vehicle and basic wifi. For reservations call: (800) 267-3046
All in all, our trip to Orlando and Disney was a success and the Four Seasons Orlando played a big part in that. A dream vacation for little Mia and a wonderful escape for the hubby and I. Families, couples, friends looking to enjoy Orlando and its theme parks should definitely look to booking their stay at the Four Seasons…I know we will always come back.
They made lifers out of us in just one week!